Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cycles Gladiator 2007 Syrah


Presentation: ****
Nose: ***
Complexity: ****
Value: ****

Overall: ****

I truly thought I was over Syrah/Shiraz completely until I had a bottle of this a few weeks ago on a hot summer night. I cooled it down and drank it at about 55 or 60 degrees and it was a true delight. While I'd overlooked it in the past (at room temperature) it showcased it's best side when cooled. With flavors of cedar, spice box, and aromatic pipe tobacco--and a inky color to boot--this wine's a true winner.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Eric! Thanks. Very high praise. Really glad you liked this syrah, for $10 bucks it can't be beat. Interesting that you chose to chill it down. I'm with you on this one. We americans often drink our whites too cold and our reds too warm. Good show!

    Best,

    Philip
    Hahn Family Wines

    ReplyDelete